Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Judy Brunner






“My first teaching job in Springfield was at Parkview High School.  In that capacity, I stayed five years.  After falling in love with the PHS community, my husband and I decided to remain in the area in order for our two boys to attend Parkview.  As a result, I was a Parkview parent for eight years.  As luck would have it, I was offered the opportunity to return to Parkview to serve as its seventh principal.  It was my honor and privilege to do so for six years (2000-2006).

“For the past ten years I have worked at Missouri State University in a variety of capacities - administrator, teacher, and supervisor.  Additionally, I consult with educators across the United States providing professional learning opportunities on the topics of literacy, student engagement, differentiated instruction, academic rigor, bullying prevention, school safety, and classroom management.

“Parkview has a long tradition of excellence, and this anniversary provides an opportunity to showcase what our school community has been and continues to be.  We are proud of our past while preparing for the future. 


“At Parkview you can be what you want to be.  Students, faculty and staff are accepting, bright, tolerant, aware of community, and willing to give of themselves for the greater good.  Parkview = Simply the Best.”

Judy is a member of the 60th anniversary committee.

No comments:

Post a Comment