Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Ruth Ann Maynard




"I was a counselor there for 25 years, from 1990 to 2015. After retiring, I held a part-time counselor job at Greenwood Laboratory School. After that ended, I am working part-time at Lighthouse Child and Family Development Center as a Family Support Coordinator. 

"I am involved (with the 60th anniversary) because Matt Hudson asked me to serve on the committee! More than that, I love that school. My family will tell you that when you cut me that I bleed Green & Gold. 

My favorite thing about Parkview is the support that they provide to the children who attend there. Over the years I have seen teachers take children into their own homes, provide them with beds, clothes, money, etc., especially love. It takes a special person to work at Parkview as we have those students who are very smart and motivated but then the student who struggles with an uncertain home life is mixed right in there. It takes adaptability and patience and a heart for kids. We have a staff that never quits!

One of my favorite memories of Parkview was the very first assembly that I attended in 1990. I believe it was probably Hi Vike. When the whole student body stood up and said the Pledge of Allegiance, I felt goosebumps. I had worked in a Christian school in California prior to moving to Springfield. Therefore, this was such a total different atmosphere. It was a blessing then and it continued to be that kind of blessing until the day I retired."

Ruth Ann is a member of the 60th anniversary committee.

No comments:

Post a Comment