Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Michael Kohr




Former teacher, assistant principal, and principal at Parkview. His wife, Julie, graduated from PHS, and both his children (Molly and Andrew) also graduated from PHS.

After retiring in 2000, he worked in various places: Educational Consultant for State Grants, Pelican Art Gallery, Morgan Stanley, Borders Bookstore, and Town & Country Flowers

"Since I spent 30 years at PHS, I felt a deep seated obligation to continue to give to the only school in which I worked. I developed a strong tie to the building during my first year of teaching and that bond is still strong today. 

"What I remember about Parkview: tradition, pride in school, wonderful students dedicated teachers, the diverse population, Mrs. Chrisman, the physical setting of the school and of course--the hot and cold days!! Also, one last note--I saw so many transformations of the school during those thirty years and learning to adapt to those changes was a challenge."

Mr. Kohr is a member of the 60th anniversary committee.

No comments:

Post a Comment