Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tracy (Wilhoit) Fay


"I graduated in 1978. I was a member of the tennis team, and a cheerleader my sophomore, junior and senior years at PHS.

"My daughter, McKenzi Payton, is a fairly recent graduate (2011) and was very active at PHS: Varsity soccer and volleyball for 4 years, cabinet and Homecoming Queen. While McKenzi was at PHS I served as the PTA president (4 years) and soccer booster club president (3 years). I was also named volunteer of the year by the PTA after McKenzi graduated. She also was in a group of 7 that performed the sword dance at the homecoming assembly in 2010. I believe this was the first time it was performed in quite a few years.

"After graduating from Drury College in 1982, I worked in retail, and in 1985 I began working at Reliable Chevrolet, and I have been in the car business ever since. I am the office manager at The Auto Shoppe where I have been for 18 years.

"I was involved in the planning of 'The Big Reunion' and I am enjoying meeting new people involved in the 60th anniversary. Once a Viking always a Viking is something I am proud of, which is why I try to stay involved. 

"My favorite things about PHS were the football and basketball games, they were such big events in our day. Hanging out at Ken's Pizza after the games was also so much fun. Most of my closest friends are my buds from Parkview. We all have a special bond that lasts a lifetime, and we still meet at least once a month!!

Tracy is a member of the 60th anniversary committee.

No comments:

Post a Comment