Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Nancy Rowe




"I followed legends Bob Bilyeu and Brett Miller as the Parkview speech and debate coach.  I served as English teacher and speech and debate coach from 1996 until 2014.  I am currently the proud mother of Parkview sophomore Gracie Wedgeworth.


"Since leaving Parkview, I’ve been teaching a little public speaking at Missouri State University and Drury University; and English composition at OTC’s Middle College.  Most importantly, I am mother of and grateful taxi service for Gracie (15) and Drew (11).

"The minute I walked through those doors off Meadowmere as a student teacher in January 1996, I knew I was in a special place. Parkview is a school and a community to be celebrated.  I’m happy to be part of its 60th birthday celebration.

"I loved my students dearly.  I love them still. When I inherited the speech and debate program, it was among the best in the state and nation.  The students I was lucky enough to coach continued that tradition.  They carried that pride and devotion into every tournament. To them, and to the debate community near and far, Parkview was the best of the best. Parkview is the best of the best.  It will always be my favorite."

Nancy is a member of the 60th anniversary committee.

No comments:

Post a Comment